Steve Connelly, President & Copywriter
Steve Connelly was a keynote at the 2020 Think Global Conference where he discussed balancing data and anthropology in marketing. In his session, Steve shares:
- How data is powerful, but should inform better questions, not provide black and white answers in a business that’s grey.
- Rational thinking doesn’t always determine purchase behavior because people are more emotional than logical, more right brain than left.
- It’s human nature to have a gap between what we say and what we do, so create opportunities to better get at the heart of what people want.
- “Why” is the biggest question that’s missing in marketing and the most valuable question to understand your audience.
- In a world of immense polarization, don’t lose site of the things that make us all the same; celebrate those universal human truths.
- Observing cultural and societal behaviors is far more valuable than solely listening to what people say.
- It’s time to balance the surge in data with a commensurate surge in anthropology. When they work together, magic happens. It’s good for business.